Monday, October 12, 2009

Mundane Update.

I've nixed the tutoring gig. I prefer a full-time job and didn't want to commit to these kids only to leave them in two weeks if I was offered a full-time job.

I've been substitute teaching w/ a suburban school district... I REALLY like it, honestly. The only problem is that it's not guaranteed. You have to log in to this site where they post openings. More often than not there are NO listings. When one pops up, you have to select it almost instantly. If you wait 30 seconds, you miss out.

I started training today at a local bank. I don't really want this job, b/c they only want to pay $9/hr. I have a degree, so I feel that I should have a better wage, but hopefully something I like better will come along. How am I supposed to reach my goal of saving $15K by next August if I'm getting paid $9/hr?

I submitted my app to the Alma Mater on 9/15. My LSAT score (third time's the charm?) comes back a week from today, and I'm a little nervous. I would like 5 points but I'd be happy with any increase.

I have a lot going on in my mind, and my spiritual relationship with God is under a lot of stress, as my faith is being tested by the circumstances in my life. But I will blog about that later this week. This post is strictly facts about how I'm living my life.

I still do the shot girl job. It's helped me out, giving me money on the weekend. I was able to scrape together my car note with that. I've had some contention with my supervisors because I choose to wear actual clothes instead of lingerie, swimsuits, and other variations of nothing like my coworkers. I have standards and a degree. I feel that no self-respecting 24 year old will be outside in public showing off body parts only her lover should see. Especially if I'm only bringing home $100-$200 a night. If I'm gonna be dressed like a stripper, I should at least be able to pay all my bills for the month in that one night of working.

Ummmm, what else?

I'm going to apply to a school in VA cuz they're ranked as high as the alma mater, and I have a couple of friends in that state. (Also, the app is free, and I'm sure they have more black people than the school I ultimately decided not to attend this year.) I'm also going to apply to 2 schools in neighboring states.

And I guess that's enough to catch up on what I'm doing at this present moment. I have some things to blog about and I'll begin them some other night when I don't have to wake up at 4am to go to prayer.

1 comment:

  1. Oy, the job search. Now I'm a college student looking for a part-time job to help with the bills and things. However, I don't think it's really any easier right now. Best of luck to you, and I hope you find what you're looking for!

    MeCassieMarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete