Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Destiny

These thoughts remind me of a friend's post about coincidences, but basically, I wonder about the effect of destiny on one's life. For instance, I'm a strong believer that the way a person thinks or feels about a person or situation can dictate the outcome of the relationship or situation. More specifically, if one maintains a negative attitude about something or someone, their encounters with that person or thing may always produce undesirable effects. But what if it doesn't? Say you are forced to constantly see/interact with a person you just don't like but one day, this person either offers a much-deserved apology, or says something that makes you question whether this person should be so hated. All of a sudden, you may develop a more favorable opinion of this person, right? So does that mean that you intended for this person to apologize so that you could like them better? That deep down you wanted this to take place so that you could view this person in a better light? Or was this destiny playing itself out completely separate of your desires and intentions? Or is one's destiny solely linked to their intentions, meaning that if you had been satisfied hating this person, they never would have apologized?

I think that we control our Destiny but that God ultimately controls it by giving us the desires that lead us to doing what he wants us to do.

With that said, I'm applying to some of the top 10 law schools, even though it may be a long shot. My mom's boss insinuated that he'd help me out financially if I get in, so why the heck not?

Leases have ended... I've been running into fellow alumnae left and right... I hope not to run into certain people, but then I envision the possibilities that could take place if I did. Had a great church sermon Sunday. I thank God for the lessons I've learned, and will continue to learn even if learning them hurt(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment