Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why Am I Awake This Early?

Because a friend I once (and still do) considered a sister is going into labor. There are 3 godmothers, and one is on her way to from the suburbs to get the other 2 of us. (She's the only one with a car, but hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have one too! )The other called and woke me at 7am. So now I'm getting dressed to go see the new baby!

How exciting!


This is my new godson about an hour after his birth. 8lbs, 4oz. He's so CUTE! Even with all the goo and crust still on him! (Newborn babies are NOT the cutest thinigs in the world! I'm pleasantly surprised!)

What's even MORE exciting is that it's gonna be in the 50s today! Warm weather just lifts my whole spirit! I'm so excited to be able to go outside and not freeze 2 death or wear 3 layers of clothes!

I have a date tonight. When we talked after I got off work, we made plans to eat at Pappadeaux's and then go see Slumdog Millionaire. That's all I wanted to see. I mean Benjamin Button was out but he didn't sound excited when I mentioned it. And of course I wanna go see He's Just Not That Into You. But that's a movie you see with your chicks, not a date.

So maybe the girls and I will go see that for our Anti-Valentines day date next week.

Oh well, lemme go get dressed... Baby Brendan has been on his way for several hours, and if I hurry, maybe I can catch some of the gushy bloody stuff...

(I'm so wierd)

ETA: Pics of my new Godson!


1 comment: